Dembski's home pages
The Design Inference
DESIGN INFERENCE : ELIMINATING CHANCE THROUGH SMALL PROBABILITIES by
William A. Dembski. Book published by Cambridge University Press concerning
detecting design and agency.
- Review by Ellery
Eells, appearing in Philosophical Books.
- Elliott Sober, Branden Fitelson, and Christopher Stephens's review, How
Not to Detect Design.
- Reports of the National Center for Science Education, March/April
1999, by Wesley R. Elsberry. Similar online
by Eli Chiprout.
review by Massimo Pigliucci.
- 1999/05/01: Sam Northshield reviews "The Design Inference:
Eliminating Chance Through Small Probabilities" by William A.
Dembski. The American Mathematical Monthly, Vol. 106 No. 5; p. 486. 62 words.
Buy it from Northernlight.com
or view it here.
- Rabi Gupta's review.
Gupta was enthused about how TDI would discomfit skeptics of the
- 2001/03: Taner Edis's Darwin
in Mind article from the Skeptical Inquirer. It critiques ideas from
Dembski's "The Design Inference" and "Intelligent
- Mark Perakh's very thorough essay
on Dembski's ideas, primarily "design inference" related.
- 2001/11/09-11: Matt Young's "Intelligent
Design Is Neither" paper presented at the conference Science
and Religion: Are They Compatible? Atlanta, Georgia, November 9-11,
- 2000/11/06: Richard Wein's Wrongly
- 2000/11: Larry Arnhart, Michael Behe, and William Dembski discuss ID
and design inferences in Conservatives,
Darwin & Design: An Exchange, in the November 2000 issue of
- 2000/09/30: What
Does "Intelligent Agency by Proxy" Do For the Design
Inference? by Wesley R. Elsberry. A response to EXPLAINING
SPECIFIED COMPLEXITY by W.A. Dembski.
- 2000/07: Alan G. Padgett's Creation
By Design, article in Christianity Today, July/August 2000.
- 2000: Massimo Pigliucci's article, Design
Yes, Intelligent No: A Critique of Intelligent Design Theory and
Functional Complexity in Nature: Do the Life Sciences need a Theory of
Intelligent Design? by Loren A. King.
Thibault on origination of CSI and genetic instantiation
Elsberry on specification for the TSP
Thibault on RNA SELEX experiments as empirical disproof of Dembski's
"law of conservation of CSI"
- 1998/11/20: Rabi
Gupta's comments on Dembski's "The Design Inference" as a
support for claims involving the paranormal.
- 1999/12/08: Famous
people who use Macintosh computers, references Dembski's "The
Way to Detect Design? A response to Sober's critical review.