Titles & affiliations are as given at time of trial. Please note that this list may be incomplete at this time, and will be updated as new information is collected. Linked names lead to biographical information from various places on the web.
* William R. Overton (United States District Court, Arkansas)
* Rev. William McLean, et al. (Minister of the Presbyterian Church)
* The State of Arkansas, et al.
Plaintiff's attorneys (not exhaustive)
* Robert M. Cearly Jr. (Cearly, Gitchel, Mitchell, & Bryant), lead attorney for the plaintiffs
* Jack D. Novik (ACLU)
* Bruce Ennis Jr.
* Philip E. Kaplan (Kaplan, Brewer, and Bilheimer - Little Rock, AR)
* Peggy L. Kerr
* Gary Crawford
* Mark E. Herlichy
* Anthony Siano
* Stephen G. Wolfe (Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, & Flom - New York, NY)
Plaintiffs witnesses, in order of appearance
* Rev. Kenneth W. Hicks (Methodist Bishop, Little Rock, AR).
* Fr. Francis Bruce Vawter (Prof. of Religious Studies, De Paul University, Chicago).
* Dr. George Marsden (Prof. of History, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI).
* Prof. Dorothy Nelkin (Prof. of Sociology, Cornell University, NY).
* Dr. Langdon Gilkey (Prof. of Theology, School of Divinity, University of Chicago).
* Sen. James L. Holsted (Arkansas State Senator, sponsor of Act 590, called by plaintiffs as a hostile witness).
* Dennis R. Glasgow (Supervisor of Science in Little Rock schools).
* Ronald W. Coward (biology/psychology teacher, Pulaski Co. Special School District).
* James C. Wood (physics/chemistry teacher, John L. McClellan High School, Pulaski Co. Special School District).
* Ed Bullington (American history teacher, Pulaski Co. Special School District.
* Marianne Wilson (science coordinator for Pulaski Co. School District).
* Dr. William Vernon Mayer (Director, Biological Sciences Curriculum Study).
States (defendants) attorneys (not exhaustive)
* Arkansas State Attorney General Steve Clark
* Deputy Attorney General David L. Williams
* Assistant Attorney General Frederick K. Campbell
* Assistant Attorney General Dallas Childs
States (defendants) witnesses, in order of appearance
* Dr. Larry R. Parker
* Dr. W. Scott Morrow (Prof. of Biochemistry, Wofford College, Spartanburg, SC).
* Jim Townley (chemistry teacher, Southside High School, Fort Smith, AR).
* Dr. Wayne A. Frair (Prof. of Biology, The King's College).
* Dr. Chandra Wickramasinghe (mathematician/astronomer, Prof. and Head of Department of Applied Mathematics, University College, Cardiff, Wales).
Deponents (those who were deposed but for whatever reason did not testify in the trial)
* Charles Bolton (?)
* Rev. Earl B. Carter (Plaintiff, minister of the United Methodist Church, Little Rock, AR).
* Frances C. Roelfs (Plaintiff, biology teacher, Springdale High School, Springdale, AR).
* Michael K. Wilson (Plaintiff, attorney and Arkansas State Representative).
* Garth Russell Akridge Ph.D.
* Rev. W. A. Blount (Pastor of the Sylvan Hills Community Church, Little Rock, AR.).
* Edward Anthony Boudreaux (?).
* Paul Ellwanger (Founder of Citizens for Fairness in Education and author of the draft bill which became Act 590).
* Larry M. Fisher (Mathematics teacher, North Little Rock, AR.).
* Robert E. Hays (?).
* Dr. Hilton Fay Hinderliter
* Carl Hunt (Arkansas businessman, friend of Gov. White).
* John Lankford (?).
* Vern August McMahon (?).
* Dr. John N. Moore (scroll down).
* Mary Ann Miller (Family Life America under God, FLAG).
* Sherman B. Peterson (?).
* Dr. Don R. Roberts (Former Director of the Arkansas Department of Education).
* Dr. Terrance L. Smith (CRS).
* Rev. Curtis Thomas (Sovereign Baptist Church).
* Cecil Gerald Van Dyke (Currently Professor of Mycology, Department of Botany, North Carolina State University), follow this link to a brief feedback Dr. Van Dyke sent to the TalkOrigins Archive in 1997 (scroll down).
Other notable figures involved
* Arkansas Governor Frank White (signed Act 590 into law).
* Wendell R. Bird (Creationist attorney, then with the Institute for Creation Research, who advised the defense team and later went on to argue for the defense in Edwards v. Aguillard before the Supreme Court of the United States. Bird's law firm site).
If you have any corrections and/or new, relevant & verifiable, information on any of the participants listed (or not listed) please contact Troy Britain.