Joined: June 2007
If you're interested, MyNasaData has some datasets you can configure and display by longitude, latitude, time series, etc.
- the atmosphere (Aerosols, Air Quality, Atmospheric Pressure, Atmospheric Radiation, Atmospheric Temperature, Atmospheric Water Vapor, Clouds, Precipitation)
- the biosphere (Monthly Leaf Area Index (MISR), Monthly Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (MISR));
- the cryosphere (Monthly Snow/Ice Amount (ISCCP));
- the land surface (Surface, Surface Conditions, Surface Cover, Surface Radiation), and
- the oceans (5-day Sea Level Height (TOPEX/POSEIDON), Daily Sea Surface Temperature (MCSST), Monthly Ocean Wind Speed Vectors (NOAA NOMADS), Monthly Wind Speed - Climatology 1995 to 2005 (NOAA NCDC), Weekly Sea Surface Temperature (MCSST)).
I know this doesn't answer your spreadsheet question, but if you need to do anything similar in the future maybe this resource might help.
Stand Up For REAL Science!